Twitter app perfectly integrated into Firefox
- Sits discreetly in Firefox status bar
- Allows you to configure tweet retrieval times and notifications
- Supports multiple accounts
- Very easy to use
- No themes or skins
- You can't configure a time interval for timeline refreshing
Echofon for Twitter is a
Click on the circular logo in the Firefox statusbar, and the Echofon for Twitter interface pops up. You can read new tweets and post your own. It does basically everything you can do from the Twitter homepage, viewing of user profiles included. Retweeting, replying and copying tweets is a cinch. Links are shortened where necessary, and there are tabs so you can view your mentions, personal messages and lists.
Right clicking the Echofon for Twitter logo opens a context menu where you can refresh the timeline, tweet the page you’re currently visiting and access the program’s preferences. Echofon for Twitter has support for multiple accounts, and this context menu also allows you to switch between them.
Some of the most interesting features in Echofon for Twitter include three app modes (panel, window or sidebar), iPhone syncing (if you use the Echofon Pro app for iOS) and the ability to temporarily mute certain users, applications or hashtags. On the downside, support for themes is gone, and you can’t set a custom time interval for timeline refresh.
Echofon for Twitter is one of our favorite Twitter apps. It's stable, fits in perfectly with browsing and doesn't take up room on your desktop. For Firefox users, Echofon for Twitter is an essential add-on.
- Redesign entire application. New User Interface You can use Echofon in a sidebar, with a panel, or an individual window Lists, Search and more New user view with user timeline, following and followers list Conversation View for Direct Messages Mute users / applications / hashtags Inline photo preview Fully support Firefox 4